Your shopping cart is empty!
Sikes Electric solved the harmonics and conducted interference problems for Huawei's 5G data center.
The main loads in Huawei ’s 5G data center are non-linear, including air conditioning system, UPS, high-frequency switching power supplies, frequency inverters, and on-board power supply for communications equipment.
The dominating harmonics generated by these non-linear loads are 5th, 7th, and 11th with high level.
Harmonics do harm to communications data centers in these terms:
1. Interfere with communications and data transmission. Harmonics can interfere with the communications system, causing noise, reducing communications quality, and even damaging information in severe cases.
2. Harmonics produced by UPS can also affect computer networks, causing network shutdown errors;
3. Harmonic resonance can cause equipment damage or switch malfunction;
4. Reduce energy efficiency of air conditioning and increase load capacity of transformers;
5. Speed up cable aging and shorten its service life;
6. Cause overheating and breakdown of capacitors.
Sikes Passive Harmonic Filters and EMC / EMI Filters have been tested and approved by Huawei, and start serving Huawei’s 5G data centers in batches.
Without harmonic filter
With SIKES Harmonic Filter, the THDi=8.7%
Typical performance of the Harmonic filter over full load range
Performance of SIKES EMC/EMI Filter